The ruins of this gothic castle dominate on the high rock, above the left shore of the river Vah. In the past, it was the most safe fortress of the northern region of Povazie. The first written mention of the castle dates to 1321. The castle was the seat of Matus Cák Trenciansky, Esterhazy family and other aristocratic family. In the succeeding century the castle was extended and restore in renaissance style. In the 17th century it was destroyed by the army of the Austrian emperor, Leopold. The restoration works began only in the 1990’s and in 1995 the castle became accessible to the public.
- Official Homepage: http://www.strecno.sk/